Convention Center Information
- The Global Show will be located in Hall A1 – D1 in the Orange County Convention Center. The street address is 9400 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819. This IS NOT the shipping address, use shipping labels to make sure your items are delivered on time to the correct location.
- Sales Tax: The Florida state tax is 6%, and a max local sales tax rate of 2%.
- Exhibitor parking is available for a daily fee, overnight parking and parking in front of the convention center is not allowed. Please review parking information on the convention center website.
- If you are making a delivery using a personally owned vehicle, you must check in at the Marshalling Yard before going to the convention center.
- Holding a meeting at the convention center: Meeting rooms are available to be reserved in the convention center. Fill out an industry meeting room form to reserve a meeting room.
- Electricity, air and plumbing will come from the floor.
- Floor covering is not included with your booth, and it is required. You may provide your flooring or purchase flooring from GES.
- Columns and low ceilings are marked on the floor plan. If have a question about how these affect your booth, please contact Show Management right away.
- All exhibitors must abide by the booth display guidelines.
What Are Exhibitors Allowed to Set Up?
Florida is a “right to work” state. Full time employees* of the exhibiting company are permitted to do the following without hiring union labor:
- Set up exhibit space with the use of tools
- Plug in equipment (once the convention center’s electricians have delivered power to the booth)
- Hand carry materials into the convention center without the use any type of assistance such as dollies or mechanical equipment.
- Drop off materials in privately owned vehicles (park in the convention center lots for a fee and carry it in (without the use of a dolly), check in at the dock and pay drayage for GES to deliver it from the car to the booth, or hire cartload service for a 1-way trip)
*Employees must be prepared to produce some type of company identification when engaged in these activities.
Exhibitors must hire labor in advance to do the following work on site:
- Material Handling: The loading and unloading dock freight will be controlled by the general contractor, GES, and union labor will be used for this.
- Hanging Signs: All rigging of signs must be done by the Orange County Convention Center, forms are to be filled out in advance. Exhibitors or their EACs are responsible for assembling the sign and may supervise rigging.
- Review the show site work rules for additional information.
When Can Exhibitors Set Up?
Review the exhibitor schedule to see a full list of move-in and move-out times.
Clean Floor Policy: To combat lengthy wait times for produce deliveries during exhibit set-up, and to ensure we can open the show on time, all exhibitors must abide by the clean floor policy as follows:
- All booths in Hall A1-A2 must be finished with major exhibitor construction and empties tagged by 3:00 pm Wednesday October 26. New this year, we’ll be closing an airwall and opening halls A1 & A2 for a couple hours on Thursday, immediately after the general session. This will allow time for exhibitors in the other halls to leave their booths to visit Business Solutions providers.
- Booths 400 sq. ft. or larger booths in Hall A3-D1 must be finished with major exhibitor construction with empties tagged by 7:00 pm Wednesday October 26 Thursday will primarily be for product merchandising.
- Booths 300 sq. ft or smaller can continue to do exhibit set-up as well as product merchandising through Thursday.
Target Move-In Date: Each booth is assigned a target move-in date/time based on booth size and location. Find your booth on the color-coded target floor plan. The date and time assigned to you is designed to be the time when your shipments should be checked in at the marshalling yard. DO NOT schedule your booth set up for this time, since actual unloading at the dock may take several hours. We recommend scheduling installation labor to begin the day after your target assignment. If you need to change your target move in assignment, you have (2) options:
- Fill out the request for target variance form before October 3, 2022 or
- For no additional cost, you can ship your freight in advance to the warehouse (non-perishable materials only). Items shipped to the advance warehouse will be delivered to your booth BY the target date/time provided and labor can be scheduled accordingly.
No Show Policy
Hall A1 & A2 exhibitors who have not begun setup by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 26 will be considered a “No Show” unless you have notified Show Management. The cut-off for all other exhibitors is 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 28.
Using Exhibitor Appointed Contractors
An Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) is any contractor NOT listed in our approved vendor list (appointed to provide services such as display installation, dismantling, audio visual firms, etc.) that will need access to your booth during set up/tear down hours to assist with your exhibit. For security reasons, all EAC representatives must be registered and pickup their own wrist band in order to access the show floor.
Exhibitors and EACs must submit the following requirements by October 3, 2022:
- Exhibitors must submit this Exhibitor Form to authorize use of an EAC
- EACs must submit the EAC Form and agree to all rules and regulations
- Each EAC company must provide a certificate of insurance showing proof of general liability and workers' compensation insurance coverage in amounts as outlined during all setup, dismantle, and show days with International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA), the convention center, and Global Experience Specialists (GES) named as additional insured. Please note: If the primary approved EAC elects to use another EAC as a subcontractor, this company must also complete the above requirements.
- Each EAC employee must visit an EAC Desk, located in the lobby or dock area, and present the EAC's unique code (provided via email) to receive a move-in/move-out wrist band. Wrist bands must be picked up individually, not by the company.
EACs send Insurance Certificates to:
Fax: +1 (702) 446-6777
Mail: DTA Trade Show Services 6362 McLeod Drive, Suite 5, Las Vegas, NV 89120
Questions: Contact DTA Trade Show Services or call +1 (702) 650-2298
Floral Exhibitor Setup
- All floral products must be shipped direct to the convention center and not to the advance warehouse.
- Perishable product storage is available for floral products and delivery to your booth is included in the cost.
- Cleaning stations/floral prep areas, with running water, will be located along the back of the hall throughout the event
- Trash cans will be set up in the Floral Marketplace aisles. On Thursday, we'll have dedicated cleaning services in the Floral Marketplace to help get trash up as quickly as possible
Hanging Signs Above Your Island Booth
Hanging signs are only allowed above island booths or inline booths along the perimeter of the building. All rigging must be done by GES. If your island booth is under a low ceiling (floor plan), hanging signs are not permitted.
- Review the booth display guidelines for height restrictions
- Submit a rigging and hanging sign form to OCC by October 3.
- Company personnel can work with union personnel on a one-to-one basis. Labor can be requested from GES.
- Pack your signs separately so they are easy to find and assemble immediately upon arriving at your booth.
- Use the hanging sign shipping label so GES can find signs easily.
Balloons in Your Booth
The OCCC has a Balloon Policy in place that requires a Waiver to be submitted prior to the first day of the show. Static helium balloon displays are permitted after filing a Balloons Agreement and paying a damage deposit to the OCCC Exhibitor Services department. Helium balloons may not be used as giveaways. Helium tank storage inside the OCCC is prohibited. Exhibitors are responsible for all expenses incurred for balloons that become unanchored and lodged within ceiling, catwalks or atrium areas.
Compressed gas cylinders used to inflate balloons may be brought in once move in is complete and must be properly secured to prevent toppling, must be removed during all event hours.
Large Displays in Your Booth
Extra care and advance planning is necessary for displays such as vehicles, machinery, shipping containers, or other large items being displayed in your booth. Special labor or equipment to unload and deliver to your booth may be required on-site and must be scheduled in advance with GES. Exhibitors should submit the following additional forms (if applicable) to plan for these shipments:
Call GES at +1 (800) 801-7648 or +1 (702) 515-5970 with any questions about moving large displays to your booth.
Plan for Move Out
The return of empty crates on Saturday night can take 10+ hours. Here are some tips to help you avoid waiting and save money.
- Review the exhibitor move-out schedule and note that some halls need to be out earlier than the others due to an incoming show.
- Smaller inline booths: Take advantage of a GES move-out package for 10’x10′ and 10’x20′ booths. Schedule GES to handle both the labor to tear down your booth and to ship it out and receive guaranteed ST (standard time) labor rates and a discount on outbound shipping. This eliminates the need to wait for empty crates to be returned and save you money on hotels, labor, etc.
- Larger inline booths: Consider starting tear down labor on Sunday morning, when you know your empties are in your booth, instead of paying for labor to wait for them to be returned.
- Island booths with hanging signs: Coordinate your rigging with OCCC to have signs lowered Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning so your labor doesn’t have to stop dismantling the booth while the overhead sign is coming down.
- Moving out Saturday night: Relax in the exhibitor lounge with some food and beverages while you wait for your crates. The lounge will be open from 5:00 p.m. -11:55pm in Hall D1 on the show floor.
- Schedule your pick-up prior to Monday: Monday could be an extremely busy day for carrier pickups. It will not guarantee straight time rates. Wait times for pickup could be significant and end up occurring during overtime.
- Consider GES logistics for your shipping: Guarantee flat rates and avoid charges for lengthy wait times.
- Schedule UPS or FedEx pickup for Monday (they don’t pick up on Sunday).
- Submit a pre-printed material handling form before the show and on-site you will receive pre-printed outbound shipping labels and your bill of lading.
- BOL: Once everything is packed up and ready to go, remember to fill in your bill of lading with the number of pieces and sign the bottom. Then return it to the service desk. Once received, GES will dispatch your carrier to pick up your shipment. DO NOT leave it with your shipment or your carrier may be left waiting.
- There is NO warehouse to return things to after the show. Make sure your carriers can pick up on-site or schedule with GES logistics to ship out. If you do not schedule outbound shipping GES will, which will result in increased costs and delayed receipt times.
- Remember to pack outbound shipping supplies including tape, wrap, boxes, etc. for use at the end of the show.