The control of Listeria monocytogenes in fresh produce packinghouses and fresh-cut processing facilities remains a key challenge for the industry, and it is subsequently one of the leading subject areas where members seek individual support from the IFPA Food Safety Team.
This program, developed in partnership with AFDO and Food Safety CTS, supports produce operations in understanding the technical, regulatory and operational challenges associated with this environmental pathogen. This program is designed as a cohort experience to provide an expanded learning environment which will promote critical thinking, engaged problem solving, and peer-to-peer coaching. The virtual course is made up of eight online modules and four live-online sessions.
This cohort is sponsored by Ecolab, and the training was developed with support from McEntire Produce as a gold sponsor, and bronze sponsors Decon7, Ecolab, Hygiena and Neogen.
- Week 1: Module #1: Introduction and Background of Listeria
- Week 2: Module #2: Listeria in the Growing Environment & Live Online Session #1
- Week 3: Module #3: Packinghouse and Fresh Cut Vulnerabilities
- Week 4: Module #4: Evaluating Sanitary Design and Processes & Live Online Session #2
- Week 5: Module #5: Sanitation Program
- Week 6: Module #6: Designing an Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMP) & Live Online Session #3
- Week 7: Module #7: Response to Listeria Detection
- Week 8: Module #8: Regulatory Action & Live Online Session #4
- January 17-March 10
- Jan. 25- 1-2:30 pm ET
- Feb. 8- 1-2:30 pm ET
- Feb. 22- 1-2:30 pm ET
- March 8- 1-2:30 pm ET
- Joan Rosen, JC Rosen Resources
- Sergio Nieto-Montenegro, Food Safety Consulting & Training Solutions
- Jennifer McEntire, International Fresh Produce Association
Who Should Attend
Primarily Packinghouse and fresh-cut employees, new to Listeria monocytogenes prevention and risk management
- $1,495 for members
- $1,795 for non-members
Cancellations must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the selected seminar to be issued a refund, less a $75 cancellation fee. Due to the unique nature and limited size of this course, cancellations made less than two weeks will not be issued a refund. Company substitutions are acceptable.
Because of the interactive nature of this virtual workshop, participants should have working cameras and microphones.