Help feed the future with technology.
What is the Accelerator Program?
The accelerator is a six-month program for companies with technical solutions interested in entering the produce industry.
IFPA evaluates a wide range of innovative, scalable technologies to commercialize climate smart production practices for specialty crops. Technologies should increase productivity in the produce supply chain, help farms and the supply chain adapt to climate change and reduce emissions.
Who Should Apply?
Companies outside the agriculture and produce industry, particularly those in the late stage of trials or with a product already generating revenue. Products should be poised for launch, capable of generating revenue, and scalable within the produce market within a two-year timeframe. The funding stage of the company is not a determining factor, as IFPA does not provide funding take any equity.
Connect and engage with C-Level members of the produce industry and learn directly how your technology solutions can work best.
April 1: Applications Close
April-May: Selection Process
June 2-7: Immersion week in California
August 5-6: Demo Day in Salinas, CA
August 7: CSA Workshop
May-October: Bi-monthly webinars and 1:1 mentorship
Oct. 17-19: Global Produce & Floral Show
2023 Cohort Alumni
Agrology - Alexandria, VA
Arable – San Francisco, CA
Avo Solutions - Chile
Bloomfield – Pittsburgh, PA
BloomX – Israel
FireFly-One – Texas
Four Growers – Pittsburgh, PA
Fyteko - Belgium
Gardin – United Kingdom
Intelligent Growth Solutions –Scotland
Moleaer – California
2023 Fresh Field Catalyst Mentors
Matt Lingard, VP R&D, Bright Farms
Garland Perkins, Sr Manager Innovation and Sustainability, Oppy
Dorn Wenninger, VP of Produce, UNFI
Jim DiMenna, President, Red Sun Farms
Leonard Batti, VP, Taylor Farms
Raina Nelson, CEO, Westfalia Fruit
Eric Morgan, VP of Environmental Science & Resources, Braga Fresh
Miles Kohl, Chairman of Northwest Hort Association
Dan Kurdys, Director of Horticulture and Seed Growth, Bayer
Dwight Ferguson, CEO, California Agricultural Leadership
Nikki Cossio, CEO, Measure to Improve
Joe Barsi, President, Cal Giant
2022 Cohort Alumni
Provision - Calgary, Canada
Routeique Inc – Calgary, Canada
Nexus Robotics - Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Canada
Ten Carbon Chemistry Pty Ltd – Melbourne, Australia
Morphix Technologies – Virginia Beach, United States
Netled – Prikkala, Finland
Clarifruit – Rishon Le’zion, Israel
DiMuto - Singapore
The Yield Technology Solutions Pty Ltd – Sydney, Australia
Vitiport – Bratislava, Slovakia
SoundAg – Emeryville, United States
CarbonSpaceTech – Dublin, Ireland
2022 Fresh Field Catalyst Mentors
Gary Wishnatzki, CEO, Wish Farms
Judy Clark, CEO, Fresh From Texas, LLC
Jennifer Petersen, EVP / Chief Science Officer, Sun World International
Andy Hamilton, CEO, Markon
Jan DeLyser, Vice President Marketing at California Avocado Commission
Scott Komar, Senior Vice President of Global R&D, Driscoll’s
Ted Taylor, Head of New Ventures & Business Development at Taylor Farms
Curtis Garner, COO, Co-Founder Verdant Robotics
Max Teplitski, CSO, IFPA
Dorn Wenninger, Sr VP Produce UNFI
Dave Vosburg, Chief Innovation Officer, Local Bounti
Frequently Asked Questions
The program is a unique opportunity for start-ups, scale-ups, and corporations to learn about the produce industry and how to enter this market. The program includes:
- One week immersion program on the U.S. West Coast (field visits, corporate visits)
- Bi-weekly virtual meet-ups with industry experts (growers, shippers, IFPA staff) on topics relating to industry statistics, tech success and failure stories, challenges and access to funding
- Access to IFPA proprietary data and analytics
- Support to translate technology to agriculture or U.S. market
- 1-1 mentoring from IFPA members
- Shared exhibit space with other members of the cohort and introductions to industry leaders at the Global Produce and Floral Show, Anaheim, California, October 19-21.
- For companies eligible for SBIR funding, IFPA subject matter experts will offer guidance on the application process
The Fresh Fields Catalyst Accelerator is a unique opportunity to connect and engage with relevant members of the fresh produce industry and learn directly from them how technology solutions can work best.
- You can apply to the program by filling in the application form which closes on 3/20/23. Once received, your application will be reviewed by our team and a selection committee.
- Shortlisted companies will attend a video conference meeting to discuss their goals and objectives of participation in the program.
- 10-12 companies will be selected and notified 4/3/23 - 4/10/23 and will be expected to attend the immersion week program in California 5/7/23 -5/12/23.
- You are committing to a senior team member from your company traveling to the U.S. West Coast for a one-week immersion program, on the week of May 7, 2023.
- You are committing to a senior team member participating in video conference meetings twice per month for the duration of the six-month program.
- You are committing to a senior team member participating at the Global Fresh Produce Show in Anaheim, CA on October 19-21, 2023.
- No fees are required for any of these events but travel costs and associated expenses are the responsibility of the participating company.
No. If you are selected to participate in the Fresh Fields Catalyst Accelerator, you must be in a position to fund your own travel and accommodation for the key events you will be required to attend.
IFPA will assist by arranging blocks of hotel rooms to be available for participants in the program, but participants are expected to cover their own room and board.
Yes, we welcome global applicants that are interested in engaging with the fresh produce industry in the U.S.
Please do not submit any business plans, trade secrets, or “secret sauce.” Your application must include only non-confidential information. All information disclosed to us in your application will be considered non-confidential public information. IFPA will only treat information as confidential if the information is covered by a formal, written confidentiality agreement signed by IFPA prior to disclosure.
IFPA will not invest in any of the companies participating in the company and does not require any commitment of equity. The network and connections from IFPA may open investment opportunities.