After a multi-year bipartisan effort in Congress, this September the White House will host the first nutrition conference in more than 50 years. The goal is clear: eliminate hunger and reduce diet-related disease by 2030. But with nine out of ten Americans still not meeting fruit and vegetable consumption recommendations – how will we get there? Join us for this Virtual Town Hall as we take a deep dive into bold policy proposals for fruits and vegetables, including produce prescriptions, which could change our consumption trajectory by leveraging the power of the healthcare system.
- Mollie Van Lieu, Vice President of Nutrition and Health, IFPA
- Brent Ling, Director of External Affairs, Wholesome Wave
- Sam Hoeffler, Program Manager, Reinvestment Partners
- Ashley Price, Ph.D., MPH, Senior Research Program Leader, Duke University
- Tom Charley, Owner, Charley Family Shop N' Save