The International Fresh Produce Association’s Retail Merchant Innovation Awards Program recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of a Vice President or Director (or equivalent position) in the produce departments of a retail banner that demonstrates passion and purpose in developing innovative strategies to drive produce consumption.
The winners of this award inspire others in the industry to think creatively about their approach to produce marketing.
2022 Retail Merchant Innovation Award Winners
- 1-50 Stores: Brian Penfield, director of produce, Sendik's Food Markets
- 51-150 Stores: Jim Gaylord, category merchant, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- 151-250 Stores: Barry Paul, produce sales manager, Shaw’s Supermarkets
- 251-399 Stores: Jeff Mallory, vice president of produce, Hy-Vee, Inc.
- 400+ Stores: Vic Savanello, regional vice president, produce and floral merchandising, Spartan Nash
The 5 winners will receive:
- Complimentary roundtrip airfare and registration to IFPA's Global Produce & Floral Show, October 27-29 in Orlando, FL
- Two nights of hotel accommodations
- Recognition on stage at The Global Produce & Floral Show