April 13, 2022
As you know, International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA) has helped create the newly formed Alliance for New Immigration Consensus (ANIC). ANIC brings together a diversity of perspectives from the business community interested in pushing Congress to tackle first steps on issues like agriculture, Dreamers and sensible border security/management improvements. As part of this effort, organizations who are part of ANIC are asking their members to join in on signing a business letter to leaders in Congress to provide permanent legal status to specific segments of our undocumented community, including agriculture workers.
This letter does not represent any change in strategy to continue to push for comprehensive agriculture immigration reform efforts, including critical improvements to the H-2A program. However, it does recognize that some parts of immigration reform have stronger bipartisan support than others and acknowledges that any efforts to move in this direction MUST include reforms to the H-2A program.
IFPA would like to invite member companies interested in seeing reform efforts advance to sign on to this letter. The letter is a very top-level request and does not get into the particular substance of what should be included in an immigration reform bill.
Take Action details and process instructions:
- Review a copy of the letter.
- Add your company to the letter.
- We will keep the letter open until Tuesday, April 26 to give companies time for their internal vetting process.
- We encourage your company to sign the letter and to share with businesses that you partner with through our supply chain.
- Once the letter closes, the alliance will send the letter to the Hill, issue a press release, amplify through social media and share a final copy with all signers.
Thank you for joining us in this important work. If you have any questions, please contact Angela Tiwari, Director, Grassroots & Political Affairs.
As we work to advance our work in influencing the policies that drive our industry forward, please consider making a contribution to the IFPA Food Safety & Advocacy Fund. It's critical to be part of the voice of fresh.