Host Vonnie Estes speaks with the team at Produce Alliance and dives deep into the fast-paced and ever-changing world of the fresh produce industry. From innovations in packaging to third-party delivery services, the team explores the impact of the pandemic and other factors on the industry. They also discuss how technology has enabled the movement towards more sustainable practices and how the industry can use these advancements to stay competitive and successful. Join us as we uncover the secrets behind the fresh produce industry.
- The fresh produce industry is undergoing major changes due to the pandemic and other factors
- Innovations in packaging and third-party delivery systems are leading to growth in the category
- The industry is shifting towards local and regional production with an emphasis on sustainability and reducing food waste
- Technology is allowing for alignment between sustainability, cost savings, and enhanced quality and shelf life
- Leaders in the industry must ensure that weak links are strengthened and that sustainability is taken into account
- Education and collaboration between key players is necessary for the industry's success